Although we are coming right up to Christmas, there is still time to bake some cookies! These recipes are a staple in our family, and requested every single year. While they are not the healthiest option, they are super yummy! You can probably whip these cookies up with items you already have in your pantry. Keep reading to find out how to make some amazing Christmas cookies!
We all love Christmas cookies!
Part of the holidays is definitely all of the amazing things we get to eat! Christmas cookies, amazing dinners, and festive drinks are all part of the spirit of the holidays. Honestly, the last thing I need is hundreds of cookies around me, but it is too late! It is tradition that mom and I bake cookies, but this year the baking was all on me (with careful supervision from my mother). I finally wrote the recipes down, and wanted to share them with you while there is still time!
These cookies are made up of two different doughs, and rolled together. These are really simple cookies to make, and they only take just a few minutes. They have a great flavor since they have both chocolate and vanilla flavors. The cookie itself is not too sweet, which is right up my alley!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
LET’S START BAKING:
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Begin mixing your dough by adding in your shortening and sugar, egg, and separated egg yolk.
- After those are combined, add your milk and vanilla.
- Slowly add your flour until the dough is not sticking to your bowl, and has formed a ball. You can also add more flour in case you do not have the perfect consistency.
- Place in separate bowl and set aside.
- Repeat steps 1 through 6, but add your cocoa powder at the end, and mix that until it is completely combined.
- Separate each dough into four smaller balls. Place between two sheets of wax paper, and roll them flat. After you have rolled the vanilla and chocolate dough, it is time to make the swirl.
- Removing the wax paper from the top of each dough, lay them flat on top of each other. Slowly begin to roll the two doughs together to make a “swirl”, slice, and bake for about 12 minutes!
Peanut Butter Cookies
I have a deep love for all things peanut butter! Not only are these great for Christmas cookies, but they are even great all year round! This recipe is very similar to the first recipe, just with a few more ingredients! I am also going to tell you how to create the other version featuring a Hershey Kiss!
LET’S START BAKING:
- Preheat your oven to 425.
- Like before, add your eggs, shortening, both sugars, and peanut butter together.
- Once that is completely combined, add in your vanilla, and a tiny bit of milk if you need it.
- Slowly add your flour until you have a dough. This is going to be slightly tackier, but you want that!
- After that, take inch size ball, and roll it in white sugar. You can then just place them on the sheet, smash them down with a fork, and bake for 12 minutes!
- If you so wish, place a Hershey kiss on top as soon as they get out of the oven!
What are your holiday traditions? Do you have any special recipes that you make for your family? Let me know!